Letter from the Editor
What a great industry.
This issue marks the end of our second year of publication. And it reminds me, looking back over the people we’ve featured and the subjects we’ve covered, what an honor
it is to work in this industry.
A brief look back:
• In our first issue, we had a forward-looking article with a lot of vision by Steve
Carchedi, now CEO of Cornerstone Pharmaceuticals
• Our innovation issue covered topics like mentoring, the top ten innovations in the
industry, gamification and more
• We’ve brought you insights from the customer side of the industry, including how hospitals, doctors, ad-
ministrators and others view sales and marketing people
• You’ve received advice from leaders like business guru Dan Pink, Peter Pitts of the Center for Medicine in
the Public Interest, Matt Wallach of Veeva, Philomena McArthur of J&J, Pete Dannenfelser of Janssen, and
• Some of our most popular features are the Top Pharma, Bio, and Device lists, and our annual Salary Survey
• Studies from ZS, RxEdge, IMS and others have provided a snapshot of trends and attitudes
• We got great comment on our diversity issue, featuring a wide-ranging discussion on both diversity and
inclusion, plus a roundup of women who are current and emerging industry leaders
• Plus our frequent attention to sales and marketing strategy and career topics
• And, of course, our ongoing By the Numbers and Motivideos continue to be eye-grabbers every issue
With apologies to the valuable contributors not mentioned, I look forward to continuing our service to you,
the people we admire and whom we invite to provide their wisdom to our pages.
It’s a great industry to be part of. Keep it up!
As always, we continue to look for the value of your contributions. Let us know if you have an idea for an
article—the people we write for are the people who write for us.
Neil Greenberg, Editor
To become an HS&M contributing author or provide feedback, please email me